Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Doubt about replacing a VSF stack member

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Doubt about replacing a VSF stack member

Posted 8 days ago

Hi community,

I want to replace a VSF stack member which has broken. I already have my new switch, and read pages 739 and 740 of Aruba 2930F / 2930M Management and Configuration Guide for ArubaOSSwitch 16.05. It seems very simple because is only running the command "vsf member member-id type type-id" ,and connecting the new switch to the stack. But in my case, the failed member is the commander with highest priority. Is the procedure in this case the same? I think so but, will the other member have any service interruption? And has the new switch to be the same firmware version or when connecting it will upgrade automatically in case the members have different versions?

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Julian

• 2.  RE: Doubt about replacing a VSF stack member

MVP GURU
    Posted 7 days ago

"redundancy failover" command should make the standby the new commander, and then replace the bad switch like you normally would.

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Doubt about replacing a VSF stack member

Posted 7 days ago

Hi,

I think you mean "redundancy switchover" command. But it won't work because I only have two members, and member 1 is the switch I have to replace:

Regards,
    Julian