Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

doubts about upgrade MM and MC

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  doubts about upgrade MM and MC

Posted Feb 06, 2024 10:35 AM
    Hello Guys. i have a doubts and ask in the community.

I managed the network with 2 Mobility Master , with the firmware (ArubaOS 8.6.0.4-FIPS (Digitally Signed SHA1/SHA256 - Production Build)) working with cluster and two controller Model Aruba7010 ( Firmware 8.6.0.4-FIPS_74970)

I intend to upgrade my both controller, but a question has arisen. I need to firts upgrade my both MM and after upgrade my controllers?

Or i can upgrade my controllers without upgrade my MM?

• 2.  RE: doubts about upgrade MM and MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2024 05:01 PM

It is advised to first upgrade the Mobility Conductors (what Mobility Master has been renamed to) and then second the controllers.

------------------------------
    Josh

• 3.  RE: doubts about upgrade MM and MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2024 12:56 AM

The MCR is the only device that will tolerate some level of multi-version operation, and that tolerance is based on what version of AOS the MCR is currently running.  Upgrading the MCR(s) is the required first step in any MCR managed environment.

AOS 8.10 has an enhanced multi-version capability, allowing that version to work down to AOS 8.6 on the managed devices.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110