Security

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

DUR support

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  DUR support

Posted May 08, 2023 09:04 AM

Hello,

Can someone tell me, or give me a document where I can find the following;

From what version does; ArubaOS, AOS-CX and Aruba Instant support 'downloadable user roles'?

Kind regards,

Jer

• 2.  RE: DUR support

MVP GURU
    Posted May 08, 2023 09:32 AM

Instant 8.4
    CX 10.04 I believe....
    ArubaOS WC.16.06.0006

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: DUR support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2023 06:10 AM

If you need a document, for Instant it should be in the release notes (and quite sure that is starting 8.4).
    For AOS-CX and ArubaOS Switch you can use the feature navigator to find under Port Access Security - Downloadable User Roles per system that 10.04.0001 and 16.02.0003 are the minimum firmware versions.

Note that these software version may not be supported anymore, and a recent (and supported) firmware version would be strongly recommended over a minimum version.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: DUR support

Posted May 16, 2023 02:37 AM

Thank you DB86 and Herman,

I have one more question. Does every switch that runs on the ArubaOS operating system can handle 'downloadable user roles'?

Or does that depend on the switch type? So for example, I have multiple 2920 and 2930 switches. From the docx you gave @herman I saw that the 2930 can use dur's. But I can't find the 2920 switches on that page. Is there also a page were I can find information about what switch can use dur's instead of firmware?

Jer

• 5.  RE: DUR support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2023 09:17 AM

As the 2920 is end of life for some time, it does not show up in the feature navigator. If you have one, easiest may be to just type in the commands and see if they work. Or check the CLI/Port Security guides for the 2930 and see if the same section shows up in the 2920 guide as well.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.