Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

This thread has been viewed 43 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

Posted Jul 05, 2022 03:34 PM
    I'm trying to use EAP-TLS as the authentication method for my Clearpass service, and receiving the following error when Windows laptop attempts to connect to the SSID: "Can't connect because the sign-in requirements for your device and the network aren't compatible."

In Access Tracker, I get error 9015.  "EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods"

Using EAP-PEAP works fine.  My local CA cert has been added to the trusted list in CPPM, and the CSR for CPPM was generated against the same local CA.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 03:38 PM
    Can you share a screenshot/screenshots showing the configuration on the client side? I am assuming this is a windows device. Under the network adapter properties you should see a tab for Authentication.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

Posted Jul 05, 2022 03:47 PM
    Yes, it's Windows 10.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 06, 2022 08:39 AM
    Sorry. If you right click and go to status you will be able to navigate to the authentication settings. See screenshot below:

Dustin Burns

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

Posted Jul 06, 2022 09:03 AM
    Ah, ok.  Here you go..

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 06, 2022 09:09 AM
    Can you show me what is under the security tab? ;)

Dustin Burns

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

Posted Jul 06, 2022 10:30 AM
    Dustin, I believe I read where you were going on this, and figured it out.  I had to "forget" my SSID in Windows, then let it discover it again.  That must have cleared out the settings to a point where it used the only auth method available per my configuration, which is EAP-TLS.  

Now, when I access the security tab, I get this:

and ClearPass Access Tracker now shows successful EAP-TLS authentication..

Thanks for leading me in the correct direction!

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager EAP: Client doesn't support configured EAP methods

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 06, 2022 11:51 AM
    Good to hear :)

Dustin Burns