Developer

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Editing MAC Authentication's internal database via Aruba Central API

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Editing MAC Authentication's internal database via Aruba Central API

Posted Jul 22, 2022 09:52 AM
    We would like to use the Aruba Central API to add and remove MAC addresses from the internal database for MAC authentication.
    However, I cannot find any information on the appropriate API.
    Would anyone know of any?

Here is the site I refer to most about the API. However, could not find it.
    https://api-ap.central.arubanetworks.com/swagger/central/

• 2.  RE: Editing MAC Authentication's internal database via Aruba Central API

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 29, 2022 03:04 AM
    Hi,

Do you have found the info ?

------------------------------
    PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Editing MAC Authentication's internal database via Aruba Central API

Posted Jul 29, 2022 04:12 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

PowerAruba looks very useful.

However, the API does not seem to be able to add users (add MAC addresses) to the IAP's Internal DB.

As an alternative, it seems to be possible to use the Cloud Authentication feature for MAC authentication, in which case the API can be used to add and remove MAC addresses to ArubaCentral.
    But this is troubling considering that we are using MSP and would need to change the configuration for many tenants.

So I' m wondering if using Cloud Authentication to be able to use the API or using Selenium to force ArubaCentral to operate...