Security

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Email verification in ClearPass Guest users

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Email verification in ClearPass Guest users

Posted 5 days ago

Dear team.

As guest users register with fake email IDs, one of our clients looks at the option to provide free Wi-Fi only after ensuring that the email ID is genuine. Now the guest users are authenticating with OTP (through sms). 

The approximate function as given below:

- If a guest connects and register via captive portal to Wi-Fi, they will get internet access for ten minutes. 
    - Clearpass will send a verification mail to their registered email within this time 
    - If the guest opens their mail and verifies the email, they will be connected to WiFi for the next 24 hours.
    - If the guest has not verified their mail, the internet will be disconnected after ten minutes.

If anyone has done the same solution or any other similar implementation please reply.

• 2.  RE: Email verification in ClearPass Guest users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 4 days ago

generally for guest access many orgs are just using accepts an T&Cs.

in any case, ClearPass can validate email addresses check writeup in case you want to use email addresses.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Email verification in ClearPass Guest users

MVP
    Posted 19 hours ago

That just validates if the form of the email address looks correct. It does not verify if it is an actual email address recognized by the mail server.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 4.  RE: Email verification in ClearPass Guest users

Posted 19 hours ago

Hi

If you do not require a sponsor confirmation you can utilize the sponsor approval funtion. Instead of sending the sponsor email to a sponsor, send it to the guest.

If you require both sponsor approval and the guest to confirm the account, I think you can do this by adding an extra login page just for the confirmation of the guest email address.

When "logging in", should be able to make it more or less transparent for the user, an atribute can be updated on the guest account to mark the account as verified. 

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution