Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Enhanced open transition mode

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Enhanced open transition mode

Posted Jan 25, 2023 12:02 AM
    Hi,

"In the enhanced open transition mode two different SSIDs are created for each configured 802.11 open system virtual AP, one for enhanced open authentication and another for open networks".  

I have a WLAN that I am using Open for security level and Enhanced Open as the Key Management and enabled MAC-based authentication and InternalServer as the primary server. It has been working fine for a few days, but now for some devices specially android devices it ask for a password, when trying to connect to this WLAN. 

Any idea how to solve this issue without disabling changing key management from Enhanced open to Open? 

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Enhanced open transition mode

Posted Jan 25, 2023 05:32 PM
    With transition mode already enabled, I don't think there is anything you can do on the infrastructure side, except removing enhanced open and enabling only classic open mode.

But maybe you can update the clients to support enhanced open.

I have also found that some few clients have a problem with enhanced open and transition mode does not help with them.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Bjarne
    ------------------------------