Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

This thread has been viewed 49 times
  • 1.  Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

Posted Feb 01, 2023 03:08 AM
    Hi

A customer have had issues to install 6.10.8 on a cluster. Aruba TAC couldn't find quick solution to the installation problem, and we had already successfully deployed 6.11 on one of the test clusters.
    Thus we took the descision on install ClearPass 6.11 on the cluster having the issue to install 6.10.8.
    One of the two nodes in the cluster could install 6.11 without any issues.
    The other one got error messages right after selecting install image, C1000.

After contact with Aruba TAC they concluded that there must be some hardware fault and initiated an RMA. Today the new hardware have arrived and we get the exact same error message on the new hardware.

The same USB stick that was working on one sevrer have been utilized for the installation, but just to be sure the stick isn't corrupt the installation has also been tested with another stick.

I will continue to work with TAC in this case but would like to know if anyone else have experinced similar issues during installation of ClearPass 6.11?
    This specific hardware was replaced in February last year after a hardware failure. The three C1000 servers we have successfully installed 6.11 on have all been several years old.

Is there any hardware diffrences on the C1000/CP-HW-500 delivered today comparred to hardware delivered several years back?

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 2.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2023 02:21 AM
    Hello,
    I had the same problem and worked with TAC on this.

On C1000, don't use the USB stick because it won't work, the system will try to write on it and will never install successfully.
    Use a DVD, it will solve the problem for sure.
    Kindly
    Alessandro

• 3.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

Posted Feb 02, 2023 02:25 AM
    Interesting!
    We have successfully installed three C1000 servers with USB sticks without any issues. The fourth server failed and an RMA was approved by TAC and the new device had the same behavior. 

I will ask th ecustomer to get a DVD.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    Aranya AB

• 4.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

Posted Feb 02, 2023 02:35 AM
    Hi Jonas,
    I found the case details in case-closure e-mail, here they are for your reference:

"Dear ALESSANDRO Fedeli,

Your support case 5368966829 has been closed.

Problem Resolution: Customer was performing the Installation using Memeroy Card. 
    Suggested to install the Server using Disc. 
    Installation was successful.  "

Kind Regards

• 5.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 04:39 AM
    Indeed not all C1000 appliances fail to install; but if you have the issue then change to DVD for the installation.
    The engineering team is aware of this issue, and I expect an updated installer image somewhere in the next month(s) where hopefully this has been resolved as well. Till then, use a USB-DVD.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

Posted Feb 17, 2023 07:14 AM

Today I got an update from the technician on the site with the server that refuse to install from USB stick.

He have purchased a DVD drive and tried to boot from the DVD.

After selecting the C1000 image he get the output in the picture below on the console:

We will continue to work with TAC on this issue

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    Aranya AB

• 7.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

Posted Oct 23, 2023 10:22 AM

Did this ever get resolved on the engineering side?

• 8.  RE: Error during 6.11 installation on C1000

Posted Oct 23, 2023 10:49 AM

Hi

I think this issue was related to the 6.11.0 image and is resolved in the 6.11.1 image.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACDP , ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB