Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Error Log in Aruba WLC Unexpected stm (Station management)

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Error Log in Aruba WLC Unexpected stm (Station management)

Posted Aug 23, 2022 06:55 AM
    Hi Team,

I am getting this error in my WLC logs for a access point can anyone tell me what this error is and why i am getting it?

Aug 23 13:36:53 stm[2874]: <304055> <ERRS> |AP HRT-BBSR-AP2@172.26.64.22 stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at handle_sae_verify_pmkid_resp, 76, handle_sae_verify_pmkid_resp: assoc-fail status 53 for sta ac:74:b1:a1:85:42 (result:1) cnt:4830

Thanks
    Sanjib Behera

------------------------------
    Sanjib Behera
    Highradius

• 2.  RE: Error Log in Aruba WLC Unexpected stm (Station management)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2022 03:25 AM
    Message seems to relate to an Intel client (ac:74:b1:a1:85:42) that has an authentication error when connecting with WPA3-SAE. Maybe the user entered a wrong password, or there may be another issue if this happens to more clients.

If you see many of these, and the MAC addresses after sta are known MAC addresses and/or you actually experience issues, please open a TAC case.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.