Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Export list of clients on a SSID

This thread has been viewed 37 times
  • 1.  Export list of clients on a SSID

Posted May 26, 2022 07:05 AM

Hello, 
    I'm failing to find a way of exporting a filtered list of (or any list) of clients on a SSID. This was simple using Cisco Prime in our previous wireless infrastructure, but I can't find a way for it in Glass or on the Mobility Conductor (I'd prefer it straight off the Conductor). I just want that list of 503 MAC addresses.

------------------------------
    nathan millward

• 2.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2022 07:35 AM
    Do you have Airwave?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID

Posted May 26, 2022 07:59 AM
    There are 3 Airwaves. think it ended up like that because each AW can only handle 4000 APs. So our default is to look at Glass for info.

nathan millward

• 4.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2022 09:13 AM
    I don't think that the controller supports exporting lists of clients from the gui.  You have the option of, on the commandline of typing "no paging" and then "show user" to get the data you want.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID

Posted May 26, 2022 09:48 AM
    Thanks Colin. Sounds like what I wanted to do, and what was so easy with the competition (!)  is a proper chore with Aruba. Looks like I have to do that across 13 controllers then.  I best stop trying to find another way and just get on with the "show user" output.
    Cheers

----edit---- it's 10 controllers now, we're up to mc13, but the oldest 3 have been removed from service.
    nathan millward

• 6.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2022 09:54 AM
    If you only have 3 Airwave servers, they all support exporting of user lists through the GUI.

• 7.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID

Posted May 26, 2022 10:12 AM
    Was hoping to do it from Glass. But doesn't seem to be an option.
    From the AW servers an export of all clients in all folders got me MACs, but not the WLAN they were on.
    Ultimately your steer on the cli 'show user'  worked best as i added 'essid <name>' and then copied the output to Excel.
    Thanks

nathan millward

• 8.  RE: Export list of clients on a SSID

MVP
    Posted May 26, 2022 10:25 AM

You can export the client list in AMP and have it include SSID (and various other details; lots of options). You just need to edit the "view" and choose the columns you want. Then you can easily export your csv.

So for example go to Clients->Connected, either edit the current view or create a new one, and select the columns you want. Then export.