View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Fast Roaming

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  Fast Roaming

Posted Oct 20, 2022 03:20 AM
    Hi!

In Aruba Central I have configured 3 SSIDs. I know that if you have different clusters with same SSIDs, you should specify MDID number for each SSID (in fast roaming 802.11r settings), but if I have one cluster with multiple SSIDs, should I leave default value in MDID field which is 1 for all SSIDs.

Also recently for one of the offices, which had one SSID and worked well, I have enabled 802.1r. The next day I got call that users can't connect or dropping off. In Central I saw very high authentication errors. I've disabled 802.1r and after that it worked just fine.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Fast Roaming

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2022 11:15 AM
    Quite a few clients, depending on their driver level, have problems with 802.11r.

IMHO I would only enable 802.11r if I had mostly Apple clients, because many of those do not support OKC.  The majority of non-apple clients support OKC and that works fine and doesn't need to be configured.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------