Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

Posted 17 days ago

While testing the latest 10.14 firmware I discovered a strange behaviour.  The switch starts normally and does its job, but the error LED flashes. A look into the log showed:
    PSU 1/1 changed state to OK
    after a few seconds/minutes
    PSU 1/1 changed state to WARNING
    Then I restarted it, but the same result.
    So I rebooted with the old 10.13.1020 firmware.
    It has been running for hours without any errors. I therefore suspect a software bug. To be on the safe side, I reported this to customer service. Have any of you seen anything like this?

• 2.  RE: Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 17 days ago

10.14 is really new; I didn't even know it was released. Reporting to TAC is indeed the best to do at this moment, as if there is an actual problem, they can pull back the release.

It may also be that there is more thorough testing in 10.14 that now finds an issue with the power supply unit (PSU), that was not checked/tested before. TAC will probably tell you more, please update here if you have more information.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

Posted 16 days ago

Yes, of course, as soon as I have feedback. But so far I only have the case number.

• 4.  RE: Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

Posted 14 days ago

Some news about it.

The support is processing the support log, because in the lab they don't have seen this problem before.

• 5.  RE: Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

Posted 14 days ago

Hello,

same here with 10.14 on CX 6000 and 6100 switches

After the downgrade everything is OK

• 6.  RE: Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?
    Best Answer

Posted 13 days ago

I have just received feedback from L2 support that it is a FW bug. Just boot the old FW and wait for the update.

• 7.  RE: Firmware bug in 10.14 for CX 6000?

MVP GURU
    Posted 10 days ago
    The very latest AOS-CX 10.14.0006 build  (apparently published exactly and only for 6000/6100) fixes this bug.