Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Forcing new channel optimization with ARM

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Forcing new channel optimization with ARM

Posted 9 days ago

Hi,

When deploying WiFi networks with ARM, it automaticly changes the channel withing the allowed channels. 

Is it possible in a cluster to force ARM to scan again and optimize it immidietly?

I;m also curious what the time is between the automatic optimizations when Client Aware is disabled.

What we want to accomplisch is, is that when we are done deploying we want to do a Site Survey afterwards, but we need to be sure ARM is finished with the first adjustment when all AP's are installed.

Does anyone have some advice in this?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Forcing new channel optimization with ARM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

AirMatch supports forcing a new solution be deployed, but not ARM.  ARM is going to be operating dynamically all the time and individual changes will be dependent on the thresholds being hit.

Best option is to allow ARM to settle for ~24 hours before attempting a survey.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: Forcing new channel optimization with ARM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

you can also change the max/min Tx power for 2.4/5G to influence ARM to operate within that range.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Forcing new channel optimization with ARM

Posted 7 days ago

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Forcing new channel optimization with ARM

Posted 7 days ago

Thanks, will do that.