Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Google Admin Console - ClearPass - No Endpoint Attributes pulled in

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Google Admin Console - ClearPass - No Endpoint Attributes pulled in

Posted May 23, 2023 11:55 AM

Hello,

Looking for assistance has Google Support and Aruba TAC engineer assigned are pointing fingers at each other.

Just trying to get ClearPass to pull in Endpoint attributes from Google Admin Console so I can profile devices into certain roles based on their Endpoint source attribute = Google Admin Console

I have the OAuth working and have authorized the connection and fetching endpoints from Google Admin Console. ClearPass is not applying any Endpoint attributes from what's being pulled in.

Please let me know your thoughts if you have an opportunity.

Thank you,
    Eric

• 2.  RE: Google Admin Console - ClearPass - No Endpoint Attributes pulled in

Posted May 30, 2023 11:13 AM
      |   view attached

Same result using JAMF has a endpoint context server only endpoint data is pulled in not profile data. Seems that profile data needs to be pulled in for the attributes to be applied to the endpoints. Both Google Admin/JAMF have accounts/credentials with Full Admin Access so it seems ClearPass is missing some sort of configuration possibly? 

Firewall monitoring logs look good and are allowing access in/out to the external IP's used by JAMF/Google Admin based off nslookup results. 

• 3.  RE: Google Admin Console - ClearPass - No Endpoint Attributes pulled in

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2023 06:18 AM

If you don't have a resolution yet, please escalate the TAC ticket. Having another TAC engineer's view at it may help to get to a resolution.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------