Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Great amount of roaming events for clients

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Great amount of roaming events for clients

Posted 18 days ago

Hi,

We have several small offices in my company consisting of AP-635 (in this case, 4 of them) all running 10.4.1.0_88715.  In two of our offices, I have gotten several complaints from different people about being "thrown out" of the network. They can physically see they are being disconnected on the pc's and then reconnected a short while later.

Everyone connects throught aruba onboard with wpa3-enterprise (ccm 128)

This happens many many times during the day, especially durin g teams meetings. (but not exclusively). I've tried tweaking a ton of settings with a representative from aruba norway, but we can't seem to get to the bottom of it. In Central, I see this for one client who complained today. She was sitting still the entire time, and signal strength is good. this is the same symptom i'm seeing with the other clients in the other office as well. 

Does anyone have any idea on even where to start with this? I'm not a seasoned vet yet so kind of stuck in the mud here

• 2.  RE: Great amount of roaming events for clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

Have you opened a case with TAC for this?

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: Great amount of roaming events for clients

Posted 18 days ago

Hi!

No I haven't. I have just assumed that there is something fundamental I'm just not getting.

We've tweaked a lot of things to remedy this - Turning off 2.4 ghz on all ssids, limiting to 20-40 mhz band, enabling k etc. 

You recommend opening a TAC ? We can do that, I guess. It's just I come from a Cisco background and we never opened TAC's unless it was an indisputable bug or fault that was out of our control.

• 4.  RE: Great amount of roaming events for clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

Yes, open a case with TAC please.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 5.  RE: Great amount of roaming events for clients

Posted 18 days ago

What is your APs CPU Utilization when this happens?  Are your APS actually dropping out of the network without you noticing?

We had an similar issue like this but I don't remember what our actual resolution was beyond rebooting the affected APs.  We have over 300 APs spread over a 10 building campus.  When we went to AOS10 we condensed our groups down to 2. We are on 10.6 now and haven't experienced this CPU issue since 10.5.  

• 6.  RE: Great amount of roaming events for clients

Posted 18 days ago
    Got a simular tac case open with ap-635 ap’s.

When fast roaming is enabled on the ssid ftie errors occur client is then dropped of the network and reconnected a couple of seconds later.

Did you see those as well on client level logs?

• 7.  RE: Great amount of roaming events for clients

Posted 18 days ago

That's a good question. We have like 20-30  clients for 4 AP's so I never really considered that could be an issue. But ofcourse it's something i should check. Will definately do that tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!