Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Greenlake MSP - Creating an admin user that only has access to 1 customer/tenant

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Greenlake MSP - Creating an admin user that only has access to 1 customer/tenant

Posted Jan 25, 2023 12:54 PM
    Like the subject says. 

We have a greenlake MSP account.
    Created a new customer and want to give the customer IT admin access to this tenant only.
    Is this possible?

Currently, I have it where I create the user under the customer itself but he can see my other tenants....

all i want is to restrict users to particular customers. Is this possible?

• 2.  RE: Greenlake MSP - Creating an admin user that only has access to 1 customer/tenant

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 25, 2023 09:39 PM
    Please read though this. It should help.

User Accounts and Roles in the MSP Mode
    Arubanetworks remove preview
    User Accounts and Roles in the MSP Mode
    The page under enables you to view, create, and modify users and roles. The page has two tabs: and . Aruba Central MSP mode supports role-based access control. Aruba Central allows you to create predefined user roles and custom roles. As shown in the following figure, MSP user A is mapped to two roles.
    View this on Arubanetworks >

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Greenlake MSP - Creating an admin user that only has access to 1 customer/tenant

Posted Feb 13, 2023 08:58 AM

Apologies for the delay in replying, was on vacation. 

Seems I managed to figure it out through Greenlake and to be honest not sure what I did.

All roles and users are managed there now instead of central. 

That link seems a bit old and applies to 2.5.2 which is prior to the transition to Greenlake? 

• 4.  RE: Greenlake MSP - Creating an admin user that only has access to 1 customer/tenant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2023 08:17 AM

That is correct, 2.5.2 is prior to Greenlake (I think that was introduced with Central 2.5.5); and with Greenlake the accounts/roles are managed in Greenlake and no longer in the Central application itself.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.