Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Groups in Aruba OS 10

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Groups in Aruba OS 10

Posted Jun 02, 2023 01:22 PM

Hello

Right now we are moving from aruba OS 8 to aruba OS10

We have instants with SSID zones and all that so we can manage which SSIDs can be broadcasted in which APs.

I was looking in the configuration but i cannot find zones  anywhere in the config in the SSID Config.  Does this option does not exist with aruba OS 10?

I though the fallowing 

As i can create many Groups to do that but then i have to create all the SSIDs i need for each group and repllicate the same config for each one.   I dont know if this is the way to do it but seems like a work around.

Does anyone knows a better way ? or tell me where the zone option is? 

• 2.  RE: Groups in Aruba OS 10

Posted Jun 03, 2023 02:25 AM

A coworker showed me the test drive of aruba central you got guys and we saw there that in Aruba OS 10 you can choose on the access point which WLAN  that AP will broadcast

For example 

But in the test drive i just could see it was with WLAN controller i mean it was on tunnel or mixed mode.

It will work the same way without the WLAN gateway i mean with the APs Alone on Aruba OS 10?

Just want to confirm that

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Groups in Aruba OS 10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2023 10:07 PM

yes you can achieve that by checking/uncheckng the WLANs for specific APs that are in the same group, as you have shown.

other way to do it is have different AP groups. 

and you dont need a gateway for any of these two approaches.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------