Security

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest bandwidth limits per device

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Guest bandwidth limits per device

Posted 11 days ago

CCPM 6.11 and ArubaOS 8.10 here - We currently have a Guest captive portal with a single click setup - that is, guests accept the ToS and get authorized. My understanding is in the backend of things, the devices are all logged in with the same Guest account.

In the past, we would set up bandwidth limits on the MC side within the user role, but there is no option to do so on a per device base - only user, role or ap group.

I've seen examples to set a max usage per day via enforcements in CCPM, but not for limiting max bandwidth use per device.

Any ideas? TIA.

------------------------------
    ---
    °(((=((===°°°(((=================================

• 2.  RE: Guest bandwidth limits per device

Posted 11 days ago

I haven't tried this solution myself, but you could possibly solve this by sending the MAC address of the device as username to the controller instead of the anonymous guest user account. 

Create an enforcement profile returning the MAC address in the username attribute.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: Guest bandwidth limits per device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Bandwidth contracts, when set per-user, apply to the individual client device, not to all devices that share the same user name.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110