Security

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest error - hotspot could not open the page

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Guest error - hotspot could not open the page

Posted 12 days ago

We have a Guest open network configured as a single click accept.

Noticed now that once I accept the terms and it redirects, I'm getting an error message:

Error Opening Page

Hotspot login could not open the page because the server stopped responding.

I'm calling TAC but was hoping to get any insights sooner than their response time.  Coincidentally, I also noticed before that our Access licenses in clearpass were not active. We upgraded to 6.11.7 back in March and I swear I did activate them then..

------------------------------
    ---
    °(((=((===°°°(((=================================

• 2.  RE: Guest error - hotspot could not open the page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

Please let us know if you found the issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Guest error - hotspot could not open the page

Posted 7 days ago

Some weeks ago we expanded the vlan used by the Guest network. The changes were done at both the Aruba controllers, core routers and DHCP server. Everything seemed good then.

But traced the issue to our edge firewall blocking traffic originating from the new IP addresses - for some reason the changes were made but did not take effect. What was odd is that the clients affected were not even able to ping the core router after they logged in to CPPM and were redirected - maybe because the redirection failed?

We had a running joke with the user's computing team about blaming anything being an image issue and not a network issue - this time it was the network..

Ricardo.

--
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================