Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Provisioning for multiple internal Captive Portal on v8 Controller

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Guest Provisioning for multiple internal Captive Portal on v8 Controller

Posted Aug 04, 2022 07:05 AM
    We have multible CPs for different SSIDs and VLANs running.

How to set up guest provioning for that differnet CPs using internal DB ?

I dont see a option for setting up multiple GPPs neither to choose that SSID or CP Profile in the GPP.

How to achive, users A can only use CP A und user B onle CP B

• 2.  RE: Guest Provisioning for multiple internal Captive Portal on v8 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2022 08:36 AM
    The built in guest provisioning portal was not meant to scale for more than one captive portal.  You would use a solution like Clearpass for that flexibility.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Guest Provisioning for multiple internal Captive Portal on v8 Controller

MVP
    Posted Aug 05, 2022 08:06 AM
    Not an official Aruba solution, but we have set up our own php based Guest portals and used the ClearPass REST API.. This solution only works for Aruba wireless.

In our case, if somebody tries to register on a Guest portal with our email address, we redirect then to our onboarding portal for secure wireless. We do not require guest sponsors.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer