Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 29, 2022 06:11 AM
    hi team,
    we have created an guest SSID on Aruba 7220 wlc with internal CAPITIVE PORTAL WITH MAC AUTHENTICATION.
    ONCE USER GETS CONNECTED ON THE SSID ,we create an username and password in internal DB and user get authenticated with this credential.
    but when we disconnect the user and forget the SSID from the user end device , he is still able to connect to the SSID without any credential. 
    we tried by deleting the credential from CONTROLLER BUT STILL USER gets connected without credentials.
    i am attaching the configuration and user logs .
    please check and let me know what can i do to resolve this issue .

Thanks ,
    Shivam Ojha

Attachment(s)

txt
    iconnect ssidconf t.txt   7 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:09 AM
    Did you remove the user from the user table before trying to rejoin?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:19 AM
    hi cjoseph,
    i checked by removing created credential on which user was originally connected but still user is getting directly connected .

• 4.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:24 AM
    Not the user credential:

The user must be removed from the active user table before a reauthentication can be forced.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:32 AM
    hi Cjoseph,
    thanks for the reply.
    please let me know why we need to delete user from active user table if we have disconnected the user. and how to delete the user from active user table .
    i am new to the wifi technology  please help.

• 6.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:36 AM
    The user table stays active just in case a user stops transmitting for a few minutes.  They can get back in without reauthenticating.  A list of users who are active should be on the dashboard.

• 7.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:50 AM
    hi Cjoseph,
    thank you so much . this is really helpful.
    i have one last question  , how long a user will be active after disconnecting from the SSID in order to get the Authentication page .

• 8.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2022 07:53 AM
    About 5 minutes after the user stops sending traffic.

• 9.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 29, 2022 08:01 AM
    thank you so much cjoseph for the help.
    i will check this tomorrow and let you know the status .

• 10.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 30, 2022 01:24 AM
    hi cjoseph,
    we have tried connecting user after deadtime  (10 min ), users are getting login page as expected . but if user is connected on lan , he is not getting the login page and gets connected directly even after 1 hour.

• 11.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2022 07:15 AM
    If a user is connected on the Lan and his wireless is still enabled, he is still "connected" so his session will not time out.

• 12.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 30, 2022 07:35 AM
    Hi cjoseph,
    No disconnected the client hai turned off the wifi but user was still getting internet connection through lan and after 10 minutes we turned on the wifi and connected to the SSID again but this time user was able to connect directly without authentication.
    Is it because user was getting internet through lan so SSID did not fource for authentication ?

• 13.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2022 08:04 AM
    Do you know where in the controller to view the user table in the dashboard?  Try discovered connecting the user.  For now, do not involve the wired connection; try to focus on the wireless first .

• 14.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 30, 2022 08:10 AM
    I tried show user table in which I can see the users even after disconnecting the SSID . And I have checked that ideal time out is 5 min and dead interval is 10 minutes. If the lan is not connected SSID is working as normal. After 10 minutes user are getting the page

• 15.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2022 08:17 AM
    "AAA user delete Mac <Mac address> " will delete the user from the user table .

"Show aaa timers" would show that the user idle timeout is 5 minutes after they last sent traffic.

"Show AP association client-mac <Mac address of user> will show the current association of that user and how much traffic they have sent in that access point.  Make sure the traffic counters do not continue to go up when the users are connected to the wired network ...

• 16.  RE: guest SSID reauthentication issue on aruba 7220 controller

Posted Dec 30, 2022 08:46 AM
    Ok cjoseph, i will check this  tomorrow..