Security

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Terms of Use in MAC OS

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Guest Terms of Use in MAC OS

Posted Nov 18, 2022 04:03 AM

Hi all,

I ran into a problem with opening the terms of use on a MacOS client. The customer has a guest network with captive portal an the guests need to accept the terms of use. All clients (Windows, Android, IOS) are able to click on the link and gets presented the terms of use page but MacOS clients didn't. The captive portal appears in the Apple captive portal agent and it looks like that the terms of use will open in an popup which is not allowed in the captive portal agent.

Does anyone ran into the same problem before or have a workaround on this?

------------------------------
    Frederik

• 2.  RE: Guest Terms of Use in MAC OS

Posted Dec 02, 2022 03:59 PM
    Is this for an external terms of use page?  The MacOS mini browser does not support redirection to other links outside of the portal URL.  What is your NAD?  Do you have Captive Network Bypass enabled?

• 3.  RE: Guest Terms of Use in MAC OS

Posted Dec 16, 2022 05:01 PM

I am having the same issue...I have been working on it this afternoon.  It looks like it is related to the Captive Portal Assistant Web Page.  If I set the default browser to chrome, connect to the network and browse to 1.1.1.1 it loads the page in chrome, and I can read the terms. 

I thought that might be helpful

Gary