Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest WiFi possibilities

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Guest WiFi possibilities

Posted Sep 29, 2022 11:13 AM
    Hi there,

Hope someone can help with this query.

We're looking to implement IAP315s (x30+) that are on firmware 8.6.0.18 build 84257 but we really want to update our Guest WiFi provision. As the Guest WiFi could be open to abuse by our own employees we currently have the WiFi hidden and only entered into guests' devices when they come into our department. Archaic, I know.

What we are hoping to achieve with the IAP315s is to have the Guest WiFi password changed on a weekly basis and the password emailed to our reception desk. They can distribute the credentials to 'guests' as necessary. With these IAPs being controller-less and no ClearPass, is it possible to automate changing the password and emailing to an email address?

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Jay

• 2.  RE: Guest WiFi possibilities

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 11:41 AM
    Nothing native within Aruba. You may be able to achieve this with a 3rd-Party solution. For instance, something that can send a configuration script with random characters and it also sends an email on a schedule.

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Guest WiFi possibilities

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2022 01:15 AM
    you can achieve this by adding either ClearPass to your solution or Aruba Central.
    You can get lots of features and customization with ClearPass in addition to guest access.
    check this video on the exact configuration
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6hyEtqzGOA

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.