Security

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 05, 2022 08:53 AM
    Hi all,
    We have a decommissioned C2000 platform  CPPM server ( 6.7.13)
    I know that there was an issue getting past version 6.8 due to network drivers  on this hardware platform, but  given that 6.11 is  now running Red Hat Enterprise 8 .. does that mean we can install 6.11 on a C2000 ?

A

• 2.  RE: Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2022 10:25 AM
    It depends on the hardware version of the C2000. Check here for the hardware appliance support and I noticed that the old Dell hardware based appliances seem no longer supported for ClearPass 6.11 (nor for 6.10, and if it is older generation of appliances not 6.9 either).

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 05, 2022 11:02 AM
    Yeah,
    The original C2000 we had a few years ago were the cheapest Dell servers you could buy. Know the latest ones are Hp Proliant …. No idea which this one is …

• 4.  RE: Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2022 11:50 AM
    If you have it online, you could check the MAC address and look it up for the vendor, or see if you can connect to iLO/DRAC/IPMI to see what type of hardware it is.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 05, 2022 12:02 PM
    Hopefully its being removed from a rack and shipped to me even as I type

:-)

• 6.  RE: Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 09, 2022 04:33 AM
    Feel like crying …. HW arrived … its a CP-HW-5K box.

• 7.  RE: Hardware platform for CPPM 6.11 - will a C2000 be ok?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2022 11:46 AM
    Bummer

Herman Robers
    ------------------------