Wireless

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

High Channel Interference (5GHz) on AP-635

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  High Channel Interference (5GHz) on AP-635

Posted Mar 20, 2023 10:04 AM

Hello,

My organizations just upgraded to 8.10.0.6. Previously we were running 8.10.0.4 and noticed AP-535s reporting very high channel interference in the 5GHz spectrum. When analyzing the spectrum with live tools (Ekahau/NetScout), the spectrum would show very little channel utilization and no interferers. I got very close to the AP, as far as sticking the antenna right above where the AP was mounted to ensure there was no near field interference. 

After reading some of the patch notes, I saw there was a known-issue of AP-515s reporting high channel interference and that the update to 8.10.0.6 should resolve that issue by making changes to the driver. Upon upgrading to 8.10.0.6, we immediately started seeing this issue on the AP-635s and it no longer presented itself on the 535s. Note: a reboot immediately resolve the "high channel interference" even if the AP selects the exact same channel upon reboot.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue? I have created a TAC case to report this issue.

Thanks,

Nate