Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

Posted Mar 19, 2024 02:06 PM

Hi! We have a MM solution with 2 controllers. AP 314.

The problem we are having is High latency and in some cases some packet losses. The problem is happening to us in 5Ghz. Distance between APs 10-15 Meters, it is a factory where there is possible physical interference, metal, etc. We have DMO enabled in the VAP where the devices that have problems connect, but it seems that the problems happen in all SSIDs (4).

EIRP: Min:15 - Max:21

20Mhz channel bandwidth.

I leave some AirWave screenshots that draw attention to Channel Busy:

Any idea what could be happening?

Thank you so much in advance! 

• 2.  RE: High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2024 02:11 PM

Based on what you are showing, looks like you have an issue with co-channel (CCI) and/or adjacent channel interference (ACI).

What antennas are you using on the 314?

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

Posted Mar 19, 2024 02:16 PM

We are using: AP-ANT-1W 2.4-2.5GHz (4dBi)/4.9-5.875GHz (6dBi) Hi Gain Dualband Omni-Dir Indoor Antenna. HP  Part number JW009A

• 4.  RE: High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2024 02:42 PM

So many issues, and you aren't going to get them resolved here.  From what you've shared, this doesn't appear to have been designed at all properly.

Factory, so probably one very large building with little or nothing to break up the area into multiple RF areas, so all of the APs are essentially in a giant metal box.  Instead of a directional antenna that would reduce the amount of CCI/ACI, you've got a high powered omnidirectional that makes the situation worse than if you'd installed the 315, which at least has some electrical down-tilt built in.  Your graph shows what looks to be about a hundred APs in this giant metal box, so you're probably using the same channel at least five times within the space.

Do you have a partner that you worked with to do this installation?  Are you still working with them for long term support?

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 5.  RE: High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

Posted Mar 19, 2024 02:48 PM

This was designed and installed years ago by a company architect, who unfortunately no longer provides service.

Could we done something to troubleshoot and check if i have CCI/ACI?

• 6.  RE: High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2024 03:04 PM

Like I said, based on the graph you shared I can pretty much guarantee you've got CCI/ACI issues.

If the dots in the highlighted area correspond to APs in your factory area, then the leading culprit for channel utilization being that high, and client count relatively low, is going to be CCI/ACI.  Unless those few clients are constantly sending or receiving streams of data.

I highly recommend you engage with a local or regional partner that has experience with installations in environments such as yours to get this resolved.  If you don't know of anyone, then reach out to your local HPE Aruba Networking team for assistance and direction.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 7.  RE: High Latency and some drops - 5Ghz

Posted Mar 19, 2024 03:21 PM

Client count is less than 12.

Ok i'll involve Local HPE Aruba to see if they can help us. Thank you