Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

high values of "retried frames" to client and from client

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  high values of "retried frames" to client and from client

MVP
    Posted Jan 29, 2023 03:22 AM
    On WEB dashboard of WLC Aruba7220 I see high values of "retried frames" to client and from client, here is part of it:

Are these values correspond to what is actually happening (as sometimes client score shows "good" , but such retry counter is quite high) ?!
    How can I reduce such values ?!

• 2.  RE: high values of "retried frames" to client and from client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 05:02 AM
    That 188% looks like a bug to me.
    Retried frames are typical in a shared medium like wireless
    The percentage is site and location specific
    Some bandwidth and latency applications like voice require that retries be a low at 4% to be effective, but QOS can help this.

Some clients do not send much traffic, so if they send 3 frames and 2 are retries, those are 66% retries.  I would not rely on retries alone to determine the health of the client. I would use things like goodput and health.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------