Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Home lab suggestions ACP

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Home lab suggestions ACP

Posted Feb 18, 2024 03:55 PM

I am working as an architect at a well-known network consultancy firm and am trying to gain experience with Aruba by setting up a home lab. This lab will be used to gain more practical experience with Aruba. I already gotten my hands on 4 access-points (345), but what else would I need? Eventually I want to use it to pass the ACP exam in addition to being able to test scenarios I might encounter with my customers.

Do I need a gateway, for example something out of the 7000 series?

Do I need an SD-Branch device for example a 9004 or 9012?

What about switches, these can be quite expensive I have seen, especially 6300, or can I test most things with a 6200?

Hope someone can provide me with some tips, I wasn't able to find a lab blueprint to help me out.

TY

• 2.  RE: Home lab suggestions ACP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2024 06:42 PM

Aruba Central + CX-Switches (12p 6200F (or) if possible 24p 6300F) + AP615 + 9004 Gateway + ClearPass VM should help you cover all scenarios.
    Have a look into this as well.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-services/certified-professional-campus-access/

------------------------------
    Kapildev Erampu
    Systems Engineer, ACEX#94
    Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE

• 3.  RE: Home lab suggestions ACP

Posted Feb 19, 2024 09:48 AM

Thanks that is good information, is th AP615 really a requirement? I can imagine 345s and 500 series would suffice too right?

• 4.  RE: Home lab suggestions ACP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2024 04:07 AM

In addition to the previous response, real-world experience with actual customer networks is expected and would really help to pass the exam.

If you have access to Aruba resources as a partner, you could have a look at Aruba Workbench and the Demo Experience Platform (DXP) to have access to remote demo (DXP) and lab equipment (Workbench).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Home lab suggestions ACP

Posted Feb 19, 2024 09:51 AM

Understood, that goes without saying, I am newer though to Aruba than to some of the other big vendors, so you have to start somewhere :).