Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

Posted 11 days ago

Occasionally our 515 or 505 WAPs will go into a problem state displaying a red LED light. In this state, clients cannot connect to them, but the on-prem Controller (7205 running 8.12.0.0) does not report them as "down". This has been the case on both the current OS and previous 8.10 and 8.7 OS.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get alerted (via email) by the controller or SNMP if a WAP goes red-light like this?

We do have SNMP monitoring in place, but it (like the controller) is currently only looking at up/down status.

Thanks,

Demetri

• 2.  RE: How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Have you any information as to why the AP is going into an error state?  Opened a TAC case to resolve whatever error is occurring or replace the hardware if necessary?

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

Posted 11 days ago

Red Light is due to maxed cpu usage

• 4.  RE: How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Red LED for the system status indicates a general system error condition - not necessarily because of or exclusive to CPU usage. Data from the AP would be needed to confirm.

• 5.  RE: How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

Posted 11 days ago

Well that is what is reported in Central when we experience this issue on our 615s.  We have over 350 APs deployed. 

We haven't experienced many instances since moving to 10.5/10.6 and collapsing our building based clusters to large singular campus groups

But it is an chain effect situation. All it takes is one AP to cause a gradual cascading effect through an entire cluster. A reboot of each AP will clear it until the next one

Logo  Description automatically generated

Icon  Description automatically generated with medium confidence  Icon  Description automatically generated   An orange slice with a white background  Description automatically generated with low confidence

Mr. Scott McCambley

Manager of Network, Server & Cloud Infrastructure

P.O. Box 3013 - 2 Ridley Road

St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 7C3

905-684-1889 x2218

ridleycollege.com

signature_2362232615

If you require technical support, simply click the button below to submit a ticket. 

signature_1103703789

• 6.  RE: How can I get alerted on Access Point with red light?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Your AOS 10 experience doesn't exactly apply to an AOS 8 controller based setup.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110