Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

Posted Jul 31, 2022 05:38 PM
    Hello,

We need to know how to adding the ALTAI controller to ClearPass as the Vendor Name not listed.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

• 2.  RE: How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2022 07:23 PM
    you can get the RADIUS dictionary for that vendor and add it here and then add the device
    or if they are compliant with IETF, then add it as an IETF vendor.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

Posted Aug 01, 2022 04:07 AM
    Hello Ariyap,

ALTAI already send me the attributes file to add it but when I tried to app the file get the below error, so what is should be the file extension

Thanks

• 4.  RE: How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 04:31 AM
    the dictionary file should be in XML format.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 05:43 AM
    The (XML) format is probably different from what you received, unless it was created specifically for ClearPass.

You may try to export one XML dictionary for another product, from there get your attributes in and import.

Many devices can work with standard IETF attributes as well, so you may not even need to import a vendor specific dictionary.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

Posted Aug 02, 2022 11:40 AM
    Hello Herman,

How can I adding it with the standard IETF attributes.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: How to adding device not listed in ClearPass

Posted Aug 02, 2022 11:45 AM
    One the network device definition, just select IETF RADIUS as the vendor.