Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure n mobility controller for downloadable user roles

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  How to configure n mobility controller for downloadable user roles

Posted Jun 01, 2023 03:51 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a question about configuring a mobility controller so it is capable of downloadable user roles. What steps do I need to follow to setup the controller?

I came across this website that explains how to configure AOS-CX, ArubaOS, IAP's and controllers to accept downloadable user roles. I understand what to configure on the switches. But I am not sure how to configure an controller. I have also watched the video from the Airheads channel on Youtube but I still don't understand it...

Can someone explain me the steps that I need to configure on the controller? I am aware of the steps on Clearpass site.

And is it also required to have a FQDN for the Clearpass Policy Manager instead of using it's IP in the configuration for downloadable user roles?

Kind regards,

Jer

• 2.  RE: How to configure n mobility controller for downloadable user roles

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 02, 2023 12:06 PM

Maybe this helps? Please note It's not supported in AOS10.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS-8.x-Books/89/ArubaOS-8.9.0.0-User-Guide.pdf (page 527)

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own
    ------------------------------