Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How to connect Aruba 6300M to Opengear console server

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  How to connect Aruba 6300M to Opengear console server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 10:48 AM
    I want to connect JL762A (Aruba 6300M 48-port 1GbE and 4-port SFP56 Power-to-Port 2 Fan Trays 1 PSU Bundle) to an Opengear console server. The console server has RJ45 port and the Aruba 6300M has USB-C console port and USB-A AUX port. We tried with USB-C to RJ45 cable, it did not work. In some forums I found that we need to use USB-A to RJ45 cable to connect the AUX port to the console server side RJ45 port. 

Below is the part number I found in the data sheet.

Aruba USB-A to RJ45 PIN3TX-6RX Cable (R8Z87A)

Can someone confirm that this cable will work with Opengear?

• 2.  RE: How to connect Aruba 6300M to Opengear console server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 04:23 AM
    Check this post.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------