View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

how to connect mgmt

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  how to connect mgmt

Posted Jan 08, 2024 08:27 AM

Hi,

Ok, getting there to get my first CX switch up and running to replace and old Procurve 3800. ;-)

On my old AOS switches I had (at least) one vlan with an ip address and then using the ip default-gateway 1.2.3.4 statement I would make that ip number available to my entire network to manage it, not just from a device in the network for that vlan.

I do NOT have a different physical network for just management interfaces. It is just a vlan in my network. In the CX environment there is indeed an default-gateway statement but it is reserved for the mgmt interface. The interface vlan does NOT have a default-gateway option.

How do I connect the management port to that management vlan? I cannot do a "vlan access <nr>" to assign it. Is there any other way besides something like assigning port 48 untagged to the management vlan and then connecting port 48 and the mgmt port via a patch cable?

• 2.  RE: how to connect mgmt

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 09, 2024 05:44 PM

mgmt interface is the outband management interface.

When you like to use a VLAN SVI this is also possible

When configure things as DNS or NTP add the "vrf mgmt" of "vrf default" behind the context.

Read the CX manual

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.13/PDF/fundamentals_8100-83xx-9300-10000.pdf

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own
    ------------------------------