Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

How to deploy aruba ap 515 to aruba central cloud based wireless controller?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  How to deploy aruba ap 515 to aruba central cloud based wireless controller?

Posted Jan 17, 2024 09:07 PM

Hi Guys,

Recently my company required me to deploy 5 units Aruba AP 515 to aruba central cloud based wireless controller. This is my very first time to deploy aruba ap to aruba central. I have few questions here before proceed to deploy the APs to Aruba Central.

a) should I change the AP mode from IAP to campus mode before join the AP to Aruba Central?

b) What firmware version should I choose for Aruba AP after join Aruba Central?

c) Where to set the management vlan as vlan 1 in aruba central cloud based wireless controller?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: How to deploy aruba ap 515 to aruba central cloud based wireless controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2024 09:49 PM

Hi Yb,

Leave the AP mode as IAP. Campus mode relates to APs with a local controller architecture.

Upgrading software of the APs will be very simple once they are adopted into Aruba Central. AOS 8 and AOS 10 versions will be available to you. If your requirements are compatible with AOS 10 then my suggestion would be to the latest available 10 version (currently 10.4.1.0). Otherwise the latest available 8 version (currently 8.11.2.1). 

In regards to the management VLAN on the AP you may not need to configure anything, this depends on how the switch port is configured for VLAN 1. If VLAN 1 packets reach the AP untagged (no 802.1q tags) then the AP will deal with the packets correctly. VLAN 1 is assumed in the software.

Good luck.