View Only
last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

How to download the switch simulator

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  How to download the switch simulator

Posted Mar 22, 2024 10:34 AM

Hello everyone,

is there a way to download the AOS-CX Switch simulator for personal use (like training and learning, in GNS3), without a corporate ASP account ?

My understanding is that the simulator is supposed to be available for that,right ?
    Yet it is not possible to register for ASP with an non-corporate email, apparently.

Could you please advise ?

Thanks !
    All the best, Michael

• 2.  RE: How to download the switch simulator

Posted Mar 22, 2024 05:34 PM

No, I don't think that can be done..

• 3.  RE: How to download the switch simulator

Posted 29 days ago

Thank you for your reply.
    That is sad news :-(

• 4.  RE: How to download the switch simulator

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 24 days ago

Michael, don't you have any 'business/professional' type relation/mail? What is most important during the support portal account request is that you cannot be anonymous; which means no gmail/outlook.com/etc mail addresses. There are requirements that prohibit export of technology/software to certain countries and/or organizations. It's impossible to validate if you are part of such an organization or live in such a country when using one a gmail account, which anyone can request.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: How to download the switch simulator

Posted 24 days ago

Hello Herman, thank you.
    Yes I have a corporate account, and can get access to the simulator that way.
    I am actually using the simulator at work for learning purposes.

My intention so far, however, has been to keep my private activities and my work activitities separate, so when I build labs in GNS3 at home, for fun, during my free time, I prefer to use private resources only.

That's the main reason I asked the original question.

I would like to point out as well that other vendors handle access to their training resources, like virtual switches for EVE NG or GNS3, in a less restrictive way, like Arista or Extreme.
    However, to be honest, I haven't looked into the details yet, regarding crypto regulations etc, how they do it ...

In any case, thanks for your feedback.