Comware

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

How to enable TLS for Switch GUI Management on Legacy HPE 1920 Switch (JG925A)

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  How to enable TLS for Switch GUI Management on Legacy HPE 1920 Switch (JG925A)

Posted May 31, 2022 12:26 AM
    We have a few clients using older HPE Comware based edge switches, which, while they are a bit older, still work fine, except -- management via the GUI is impossible except via Internet Explorer (not great)... it appears this is due to the GUI only being setup to use SSLv3 which isn't supported by any modern browser.  I can still SSH into these, and I did start a support case last year regarding this, but I kept going in circles with the support person who kept asking me to disable SSL -- and listed commands that would not work in the shell...  this is with the hidden full command line enabled (they provided me with the special password to access it).  I eventually gave up on support.  Has anyone tackled this issue?

Oh, and the latest firmware available is on the switches.  5.20 Build 1120.

------------------------------
    John Kneece

• 2.  RE: How to enable TLS for Switch GUI Management on Legacy HPE 1920 Switch (JG925A)

MVP GURU
    Posted May 31, 2022 04:59 AM
    Hi John, despite the latest software version released is R1121 of 2019 (see here and here), I don't believe that version will solve your issue. Have you tried to access their Web GUI through Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers instead of using the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser?

Check also this and (eventually) this.

As reference the HPE OfficeConnect 1920 Switch Series User Guide (it's quite old, 2017, but maybe could be of help) with the supported Web Browser requirements.

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: How to enable TLS for Switch GUI Management on Legacy HPE 1920 Switch (JG925A)

Posted May 31, 2022 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the info; in the end I just switched on HTTP management and found that Chrome worked with the management console (it used not to, guess something changed in Chrome).  We'll be scheduling replacement of these soon anyhow.  Thanks for the additional information!

John Kneece