Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 11 operating sys.

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 11 operating sys.

Posted Apr 26, 2023 11:00 AM
      |   view attached

Receiving message after msi installer like this

and i've attached my log file below

Attachment(s)

txt
    log.txt   335 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 11 operating sys.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2023 07:13 AM

The logs got lost, I can't see them.
    Please open a TAC Support case.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 11 operating sys.

Posted Nov 24, 2023 11:38 AM

Hello, this is a common problem, not only on W11 but on W10 and W7 as well, i had no time figuring out what happens, but this message occurs after this situation.

1. The prime installation goes without a problem. Program works, VPN connects etc., but right after you click disconnect, the via client uninstalls by itself.
    2. This is not affected by the msi you use (full install or update)
    3. Then if you try to install the client with the msi you get the aforementioned error
    4. If you delete all aruba via or hpe aruba networking via entries in registry and reboot, you can then of course install the client, but the problem persist

I had no time to dig deeper in this issue and search for the registry entry that enables this "special" feature, because i dont have a testing rig that is affected by this error, but maybe its some bad registry entry upon install. My second guess , but please be aware that it is only a guess, is that it has to do something with some windows localizations and unicode formatting. Because it would affect many more computers if it will be a general fault. But i am getting angry, because as we expand our teleworkers network, i keep on getting this fault on more and more machines. Which defies the primary ease of use of the VIA client. Its useless now.

Its about time to solve it through the TAC.

• 4.  RE: How to fix Virtual Intranet Acccess (VIA) setup wizard ended prematurely in WINDOWS 11 operating sys.

Posted Nov 24, 2023 11:48 AM

i think this is something simmilar

https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion/how-to-fix-virtual-intranet-acccess-via-setup-wizard-ended-prematurely-in-windows-8-operating-sys