Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 191 times
  • 1.  How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

Posted Mar 31, 2020 04:48 AM

May I know is there any guide to get Public SSL Certificate and import to IAP-303 for Captive Portal

• 2.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

• 3.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

Posted Mar 31, 2020 06:13 AM

Hi,

This is what i do with private CA (using openssl), you may get it done using public CA.

1) Generate CSR for FQDN of captive portal. (for example, the url of my captive portal is vc1.panda.internal, this should be resolvable by DNS of client devices)

2) Submit this CSR to CA (public/private)

3) CA will provide you (depending on the encoding format) probably a .crt file and .key file

4) These files can be opened in notepad. You will see begin certificate --- end certificate in .crt file and begin private key, end private key in .key file.

5) Combine both these files. Simply copy .key file content to .crt file like below

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIDqzCCApOgAwIBAgIJAMmKxQ6aKcBzMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBCwUAMHUxCzAJBgNV
    upub3KvnMEtPMUHPs4GsmyhiL0TOjVcdWc2ScPgYrgcv/1Pcbh7qErQsd/q+iMYK
    nNmUIlWCTIT1fQTdgqSq5uXFoNan3mpf06cyPESG1Q==
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
    MIIEpQIBAAKCAQEAvw1jGLQcFOYExHQUUEhovsEwuVEvkcrBbJymvld+y3NhZMp6
    OkeJrPtXItZRIt7PLS+a+iwJvlEKAWimmH9U4eSKRZAaK6t+fjrx2OzXMkcb8tDD
    JP8KP/mR3bPuoQT8U8jGJUKqEdwa2mrgv4kW775fdAyOCri/vnrEOpk=
    -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

6) Go to maintenance window > Certificates. Select captive portal and format should be CER, upload the newly updated file, next you have to enter the password for private key, simply enter any password you like and upload.

• 4.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

Posted Mar 31, 2020 11:22 AM

Hi, I already 2 file :

PositiveSSL Certificate - abc_com.crt
    Apache "bundle" file - abc_com.ca-bundle

May I know how to import the file to the IAP-303 virtual controller ?

Is it from Maintenance / Certificates / Upload New Certificate ?

Which file to Upload ?

• 5.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

Posted Mar 31, 2020 11:54 AM
    Hi,

Do you have a .key file or any file containing private key?

• 6.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 31, 2020 12:01 PM

Go to Maintenance / Certificates / Upload New Certificate

1) Choose Certificate Type as Captive Portal Server and upload the "Modified" abc_com.crt. By modified I mean, you need to edit this file via text editor and add the private key and CA certificates chain and save the file.

I recommend to follow this link https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025

• 7.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

Posted Mar 31, 2020 01:12 PM
    Hi,

Is there something specific that is confusing you. Have you created a .crt
    file with both certificate and key?

• 8.  RE: How to get Public SSL certificate and import to Aruba IAP-303 for Captive Portal

Posted 13 days ago

I tested this method and confirmed work!