Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

How to monitor Aruba Conductor via SNMP for Number of connected APs and users?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  How to monitor Aruba Conductor via SNMP for Number of connected APs and users?

Posted 13 days ago

Hi,

I do have a Aruba Virtual Conductor (8.10.0.12 LSR), two 9004 Controller and two 9240 Controller.

I want to monitor the number/count of connected APs and Clients from the Conductor via SNMP. Is it possible and if, then how? The GUI displays the information, but I dont get it by SNMP.

I tried the aruba-wlan,my and several others, but still no result. For Example (result as zero...):

GUI:

optionally: If it is possible it would be nice to monitor all the connected Access Points , maybe there is a table for that?

Edit:
    CLI provides following information:
    But how can I access these information via SNMP?

I don't want to monitor the 4 Controllers as I want to monitor the sum of all APs and users over all both Controller Clusters.

Thanks and kind regards

Robert

Edit:
    Rest API Call would also be okay. I tried with a API showcommand, but I do not know how to filter it or how to get single value from that...

Does not work with '...' like in the example:
    C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:MzNhODJhYzYtZTQzNi00NDE2LThlMDctZTgw" '"https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+ap+database-summary"&filter=[ { "AP Database Summary" : { "$eq" : "Total Up" } } ]'
    curl: (3) URL rejected: Port number was not a decimal number between 0 and 65535
    Der Befehl "filter" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
    konnte nicht gefunden werden.

without '...' the filter error still occurs:
    C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:MzNhODJhYzYtZTQzNi00NDE2LThlMDctZTgw" https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+ap+database-summary&filter=[ { "Object" : { "$eq" : "Total Up" } } ]
    or
    C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:MzNhODJhYzYtZTQzNi00NDE2LThlMDctZTgw" https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+ap+database-summary&filter=[{"AP Database Summary" : { "$eq" : "Total Up" } } ]
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 13:18:05 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Expires: 0
    X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
    X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge;IE=11;IE=10;IE=9
    Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
    Set-Cookie: SESSION=OWRhMDcyY2QtODdiNy00ZGQwLTgyY2MtNGM1; path=/; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax;;Secure;
    Content-Length: 2244
    Content-Type: application/json

{
      "AP Database Summary": [
        {
          "AP Mode": "Access Points",
          "Active Up": "0",
          "RAP Down": "0",
          "RAP Rebooting*": "0",
          "RAP Up": "0",
          "RAP Upgrading*": "0",
          "Standby Up": "0",
          "Total Down": "1",
          "Total Rebooting*": "0",
          "Total Up": "96",                      <== I want to monitor THIS value !
          "Total Upgrading*": "0"
        },
      "_meta": [
        "AP Mode",
        "Total Up",
        "Total Down",
        "Total Upgrading*",
        "Total Rebooting*",
        "RAP Up",
        "RAP Down",
        "RAP Upgrading*",
        "RAP Rebooting*",
        "Active Up",
        "Standby Up"
      ]
    }Der Befehl "filter" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder

Edit 2:
    show global-user-table count could be the solution for User count, but also here the filter does not work. I need the value only

C:\_IT>curl -b "aruba-cookie" -X GET -i --header "X-CSRF-Token:NDk4M2RjZjgtMTNlOS00OTJmLWIwOGYtODkx" https://v-it142.ewr.local:4343/v1/configuration/showcommand?command=show+global-user-table+count &filter=[{"OBJECT" : { "$eq" : "The number of global users" }}]
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 14:39:35 GMT
    Server: Apache
    X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
    X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge;IE=11;IE=10;IE=9
    Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
    Set-Cookie: SESSION=YWNkNmI2Y2ItODlkMi00NzI3LWE4OWMtMWQ2; path=/; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax;;Secure;
    Content-Length: 59
    Content-Type: application/json

{
      "_data": [
        "The number of global users : 150"
      ]
    }Der Befehl "filter" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder