Security

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to remove the Trust Certificate message for BYOD

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  How to remove the Trust Certificate message for BYOD

Posted 13 days ago

I've been wondering for the last couple of days how to remove the Trust Certificate message which are shown on Android and iOS devices. I have a Publicly signed certificate on a Clearpass appliance signed by Digicert, the CN of the cert can be resolved to the clearpass server, when navigating to the FQDN it shows okay but when I attempt to connect a device to the wireless it always prompts to trust the certificate. I have a wireless SSID performing MS-CHAPv2 EAP-PEAP. I configured Windows computers to use the signed certificate via GPO and does not require the user to trust the connection, but all BYOD (Android, iOS) still requires it to show up and users freak out.

Is there something I'm forgetting to configure in order for the message to stop showing up?

• 2.  RE: How to remove the Trust Certificate message for BYOD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

The only way to prevent the message is to provision the network through management (EMM / MDM), similar to the GPO.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------