SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

Posted Apr 10, 2024 01:47 PM

I am at a gridlock trying to test a virtual gateway on my home ESXi lab. I configured the VGW identical to my 9004 with the only difference being that I will be using a different internet provider and a different LAN subnet. The VGW runs the same software 10.5.1.0_89166. I chose the L3 solution.

Towards the 9004 everything works, the tunnel comes online and I can ping servers in my internal network.

On the Virtual Gateway I am unable to set up an IPSEC tunnel. It seems that IPSEC is not operational but I am uncertain how to test this.

While reviewing Aruba Central I did notice some differences between the 9004 and the new virtual gateways:

• In overview the device, while being only is not registering uptime
    • The control option is UP however there are no interfaces registered 
    • WAN interface menu is empty

• LAN interface menu is empty

• The Microbranch show two tunnels but the tunnel to the VGW never sends anything back.

Anyone has some suggestions?

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2024 10:49 PM

did you use this manual VGW deployment procedure?

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

Posted Apr 12, 2024 08:48 AM

Yes I did follow that procedure, after back and forth trying things and removing the device from central I am currently even in a worse state. None of the VGWs will connect at all. Kind of a cross post with this thread Troubleshooting Central onboarding | Cloud Managed Networks (arubanetworks.com), I am currently trying to figure out how to get into the virtual machine. I see the machine connecting to Aruba Central but that's were in ends. The machines do not seem to be able to register.

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 4.  RE: How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

Posted 6 hours ago

The VGW deployment procedure is step one, only to get the VPNC onboarded. Without license you should have 90 days to test things.

Step 2 is to set System IP address, Lan interface, WAN uplink interface and to enable orchestration and add some overlay routing.

Did you do this as well?

Link from Central on the Guided Setup for ArubaOS 10 VPNCs (arubanetworks.com)

Then Step 3 is to add orchestration on your branch gateway as well to get IPSec VPN towards your VPNC.

Ole Morten Kårbø
    ACP - Campus Access Professional
    ACEA | ACSP | APS CX10000 | APS Central | APS SD-Branch
    Netnordic Norway