SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

Posted 19 days ago

I am at a gridlock trying to test a virtual gateway on my home ESXi lab. I configured the VGW identical to my 9004 with the only difference being that I will be using a different internet provider and a different LAN subnet. The VGW runs the same software 10.5.1.0_89166. I chose the L3 solution.

Towards the 9004 everything works, the tunnel comes online and I can ping servers in my internal network.

On the Virtual Gateway I am unable to set up an IPSEC tunnel. It seems that IPSEC is not operational but I am uncertain how to test this.

While reviewing Aruba Central I did notice some differences between the 9004 and the new virtual gateways:

• In overview the device, while being only is not registering uptime
    • The control option is UP however there are no interfaces registered 
    • WAN interface menu is empty

• LAN interface menu is empty

• The Microbranch show two tunnels but the tunnel to the VGW never sends anything back.

Anyone has some suggestions?

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

did you use this manual VGW deployment procedure?

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: How to set up a Virtual VPNC in central

Posted 17 days ago

Yes I did follow that procedure, after back and forth trying things and removing the device from central I am currently even in a worse state. None of the VGWs will connect at all. Kind of a cross post with this thread Troubleshooting Central onboarding | Cloud Managed Networks (arubanetworks.com), I am currently trying to figure out how to get into the virtual machine. I see the machine connecting to Aruba Central but that's were in ends. The machines do not seem to be able to register.

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company