Security

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to write an integration? (Extension, plugin, etc.)

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to write an integration? (Extension, plugin, etc.)

Posted May 24, 2023 03:55 PM

I need the Clearpass PM to make an API call to a 3rd party device and get back a list of dictionaries defining devices.  It needs to call Kandji for which there is no webhook or plugin.  If it could make an API call and the populate the information into the device manager - so we can read a couple of attributes and identify the devices as assets and return policy which will allow them on the network.

I'm looking for instructions on how to begin to write a plugin or an extension and have Clearpass periodically make API calls to the 3rd party, perform some logic (like, is this a NEW device?), and the import the data into the device manager and make some keys:values available for processing rules.

I've googled around, and found a few references to such a thing, but not the documentation.

------------------------------
    Brannen Taylor
    LendingTree
    Manager, Network Operations

• 2.  RE: How to write an integration? (Extension, plugin, etc.)

MVP
    Posted May 25, 2023 05:48 AM

You should be talking about this with your Aruba account team. Your SE would be more technically knowledgeable, but what you need may enrail some consulting services to it would be good to have your Account Executive involved too.

We have found our Aruba account team to be an invaluable resource.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer