Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

HP 1950 password recovery

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  HP 1950 password recovery

Posted Aug 08, 2022 11:49 PM

We have a 1950 that we are locked out of due to losing the admin cli password and also cannot get into the GUI. I would like to get back in without factory resetting. I read the following possible solution in a thread but has anyone done this? Does anyone know what they might be referring to in step 4 when they say "special unlock password"? Is this referring to xtd cli password?

There is a procedure, but it requires unlocking CLI in 1950. You can contact HPE Support for the CLI unlock password. When you obtain it, this should help:

1. reboot, Ctrl+D, option 4, Ctrl+B
    2. Option 7 - Skip Current System Configuration
    3. Option 0 - Reboot
    4. Unlock CLI (special unlock password should be used. This is an exception process.)
    5. Enter following commands:

system-view
    configuration replace file startup.cfg
    #Current configuration will be lost, save current configuration? [Y/N]: N
    local-user admin
    undo password
    return
    #
    save safely force
    reboot

• 2.  RE: HP 1950 password recovery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2022 05:40 AM
    Check this post on the HPE community.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------