Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP Aruba 8100 switch VLAN Issue

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  HP Aruba 8100 switch VLAN Issue

Posted 9 days ago

Hi All,

I would appreciate your help to resolve the VLAN issue. I have replaced the Cisco Catalyst 2960X switch with the HP Aruba 8100 Switch. But have a VLANs passing challenge.

VLAN Configuration on Aruba 8100

VLAN1

VLAN100

Interface 1/1/24-28 Trunk, Native Untagged, Allowed ALL

BGTSW12(config-if)# show vlan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VLAN  Name                              Status  Reason                  Type        Interfaces                    
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1     DEFAULT_VLAN_1                    up      ok                      default     1/1/1-1/1/28
    100   BGT-Guest                             up      ok                      static      1/1/24-1/1/28
    BGTSW12(config-if)# show interface 1/1/25-1/1/28 brief
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Port           Native  Mode   Type             Enabled Status  Reason                  Speed   Description
                   VLAN                                                                    (Mb/s)             
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/1/25         1       trunk  1G-LX            yes     up                              1000    --
    1/1/26         1       trunk  1G-LX            yes     up                              1000    --
    1/1/27         1       trunk  1G-LX            yes     up                              1000    --
    1/1/28         1       trunk  1G-LX            yes     up                              1000    --

• 2.  RE: HP Aruba 8100 switch VLAN Issue

MVP GURU
    Posted 9 days ago
    Hello, what is your challenge, exactly? If I'm not mistaken you didn't wrote what the issue is (at least I don't see described an As-Is versus To-Be scenario...or something like that)...and we can't really guess.

Generally speaking - especially when VLAN(s) should be allowed to pass through downlinks/uplinks - you should try to reproduce - on the new device (Aruba CX 8100) with respect to the old device you're going to replace - the "VLAN membership" of involved port(s), either on ports operating in Access Mode (one VLAN only, either untagged or tagged) or on ports operating in Trunk Mode (one or more VLANs).

Do you have issue related to that? what is the Cisco configuration?