Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 16 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

This thread has been viewed 43 times
  • 1.  HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 19, 2023 08:24 AM

Sorry I'm a newbie.  Bought this used to setup my PoE cameras etc.  I setup it up on the range of 192.168.2.x but for some reason the unit sets some IP's in the 192.168.10.x.  How would I turn of the 10.x range?

• 2.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2023 10:04 AM

What device in your network is handing out the IP addresses?

What is your VLAN design, and routing design?

Maybe it helps if you share your current configuration, without that it's hard to provide any useful suggestions.

If you are a newbie to networking, it may be most efficient to ask your vendor to configure the switch as you would need at least basic networking knowledge to design and configure a network.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 19, 2023 10:24 AM

I'm using a CGM4331Cox modem\router.  I setup it as 2.1 and a DHCP range of 2-100.  I have most of my stuff set with static IP's in the 101-254 range.  If I just use several cisco 8 port switches I never get any on the 10.x range, but when I put the 5500 back in as the primary switch I start getting 10.x & 2.x ip's  I bought it used, the guy remoted into it and did a reset supposedly.  I will get the config.

• 4.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2023 10:47 AM

I'd bet that the switch (or other device) also has a DHCP server configured. Config should give that information.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 19, 2023 07:45 PM

Have had difficulties with getting into it via putty and console.  Any clues why it might not work?  It boots with all the light flashing, etc.

• 6.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2023 04:44 AM

If this switch has configuration, it could be that the serial console baud rate has been changed from the default (think 9600). You may try other baud rates, or connect via telnet/ssh/http if you know the switch' IP address.

Also, some cheap USB to serial adapters have saved cost on the level convertors (+/- 12V) and don't work on some equipment. Not sure if this applies to your serial convertor an/or switch. 

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 7.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 12:28 PM

My computer still has a 9pin com port(com1).  I tried several bauds.  If I hang it off of the network and I run Advanced IP scanner it finds it at 192.168.2.190.  When I try to telnet I always get thru Putty that the connection has been refused? 

I know it used to work thru the com port?? Not getting anything.  Once the unit is booted can you hit it with the com port method, is the something to type to get it to respond? Thanks for your help!!

• 8.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 12:37 PM

I just got in thru a web browser at 2.190?? Now what would I be looking for?

• 9.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 12:38 PM

I have Teamviewer.

• 10.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 12:54 PM

Here is the file

• 11.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 12:56 PM
      |   view attached

I changed the file ext to jpg from cfg

• 12.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 12:59 PM

Just noticed in the cfg file the the static ip is set to 192.168.2.1.  My cox router is set to the same.  I would need to change this?

• 13.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 01:02 PM
      |   view attached

here it is as a zip

Attachment(s)

zip
    startup (1).zip   869 B 1 version

• 14.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 20, 2023 01:30 PM
      |   view attached

Look right?

• 15.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2023 04:59 AM

Looks correct, switch has IP 192.168.2.190:

interface Vlan-interface1
     ip address 192.168.2.190 255.255.255.0 

and it's default route goes to your internet router 192.168.2.1:

ip route-static 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.2.1
    #

Also there is no DHCP configured, so it's very unlikely that the 192.168.10.x address comes out of the switch. I know that some IoT devices (like cameras) come out of the box with a static IP, or they fallback to a static IP if they don't get a DHCP address quick enough.

You may (if you don't have any loops in your network) disable spanning tree (with the command: undo stp enable); as spanning tree introduces a delay for a device to get on the network to verify that there is no loop detected via the device that you plug in, and spanning tree may be the delay that your IP camera does not like and makes it to take it's own fallback address.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 16.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 21, 2023 10:59 AM
      |   view attached

do I need to do this for my VLAN?

• 17.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2023 11:11 AM

No, thats globally for the whole switch. So make sure that you don't create any network loops as spanning tree is designed to detect and prevent loops (like cable between two switch ports on the same switch, or multiple links between two switches).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 18.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 21, 2023 03:49 PM

Is there a way to do this through the web browser?

• 19.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 21, 2023 07:17 PM

I have checked out all of my runs and can't find any loops.  I have the HP5500 and hanging from it there are 3 cisco switches out to different parts of my house.  These 3 have several things plugged into them.  Would the COX router be doing this?  I have been on the phone with them several times finally  I went to their store and swapped for a new one.  I really don't know how it stop this from happening??  Would it help to plug one cisco in and check the ip's and them move on with the next? Thanks for all your help!!!  My IT guy at work was useless. 

• 20.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+ How do I turn off dual IP ranges

Posted Jul 22, 2023 11:27 AM
      |   view attached

Tried of fighting it so I decided to move everything to 192.168.10.x.  My friend told me to go into my COX router and set it up as the picture show. I want 10.2-101 to be DHCP and 102-254 to reserved for static ip's.  Do I need to set anything in the 5500?  Is the COX router the only thing that can pass out DHCP IP's? 5500 is not doing IP assigns?

Thanks!