Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE 2930F-48G-P​oE+-4SFP+

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  HPE 2930F-48G-P​oE+-4SFP+

Posted Feb 22, 2024 03:55 AM

Good day,

I have above switch that "hangs" every night and have to be power cycled in the morning for end users to be able to re-connected.

revision WC.16.10.0​009, ROM WC.16.01.0​008

Any known issues around this?

• 2.  RE: HPE 2930F-48G-P​oE+-4SFP+

Posted Feb 22, 2024 04:02 AM

Also if possible please provide port mirror / port spanning command for Wireshark ...

Thank you

• 3.  RE: HPE 2930F-48G-P​oE+-4SFP+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 07:53 AM

Feels for me like a hardware problem. Do you have syslog remote logging available? Does the (serial) console respond or show anything when the switch hangs? Do the front panel LED indicators and port indicators show anything (different than when running normally)?

If it happens every night, connecting a computer to the serial console to see if errors appear there may give a further insights.

Upgrading to the latest firmware (in 16.10 or to 16.11/16.12) generally doesn't make things worse, so may be good to consider.

Port mirroring for the 2930F is discussed here.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: HPE 2930F-48G-P​oE+-4SFP+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2024 04:59 PM

sounds like a HW issue, if you are the original owner of it you can RMA it

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: HPE 2930F-48G-P​oE+-4SFP+

Posted Feb 28, 2024 06:57 AM

Good Day,

We already replaced the Switch with a new spare.

We connected to the switch with Consol while it was "hanging" and saw the Fiber uplink port in a "down" state then we disable the port and re-enable the uplink port the switch is reachable over the LAN again.

Exact log message is as follows:

Loop Protect(62) has disabled port 28

ip: IPv4: Duplicate IPv4 address x.x.x.x is
                detected on port 28 in VLAN x with a MAC address of xxxxxx

What is giving us headaches is that IP and MAC is the Management IP & MAC of the switch in question.

We are trying Wireshark captures to trace but so far no luck. 

Just by the way is there a command we can issue on the switch for it to "auto recover the disabled state automatically?

Thanks & Regards