Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

HPE 5900 AF power supplies

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  HPE 5900 AF power supplies

Posted Jul 19, 2022 01:46 PM
    We have had an issue with our Server room UPS and I need to move one of the power supply connections in my dual power supply setup to another UPS. Can I move one of the power supply connections ( It might take a couple of minutes )and not have the 5900 AF go down? I should also mention I have two 5900 AFs in an IRF stack and I will be needing to move a power supply from each of the members.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: HPE 5900 AF power supplies

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 20, 2022 10:06 AM
    Hello Eric, in dual power supply deployment of the HPE FlexFabric 5900AF switch, if one of the hot-plug redundant power supplies is disconnected from the power line the other power supply is able to sustain the switch's operation...in other terms:

If the switch has two power supplies, removing one power supply does not affect the operation of the switch. If the switch has only one power supply, removing the power supply powers off the switch.
    Clearly you will lose the redundancy...but considering that your whole powering-off / powering-on procedure will last just few minutes the risk of issues during that interval is reduced.

Normally operating the Switch with just one PS is not a best practice.

Read more here.

Edit: use display power to assess the status of your two Power Supplies pre/post procedure.

• 3.  RE: HPE 5900 AF power supplies

Posted Jul 20, 2022 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply parnassus. I did this last night and everything worked fine. Both cores where unplugged for only about 1 minute a piece. Services never came down. Thanks again.