Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

hpe 5940 Switch in Comware SSH issue

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  hpe 5940 Switch in Comware SSH issue

Posted Nov 23, 2022 03:07 AM

I have HPE 5940 switch. I am facing an issue with ssh. How to clear the local cache.

Error message:-

The server's host key does not match the local cached key. Either the server administrator has changed the host key, or you connected to another server pretending to be this server. Please remove the local cached key, before logging in!

• 2.  RE: hpe 5940 Switch in Comware SSH issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2022 03:12 AM
    Hi,

It's a little bit unclear do you SSH to the switch and see the error on your local PC or you try to SSH from the switch (e.g. use the switch as an SSH client) and see the error in the switch CLI. Could you clarify?

------------------------------
    Ivan Bondar

• 3.  RE: hpe 5940 Switch in Comware SSH issue

Posted Nov 23, 2022 04:17 AM
    The error form Switch CLI. I am trying to SSH from the Switch.

• 4.  RE: hpe 5940 Switch in Comware SSH issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2022 04:28 AM
    From the FAQ:

--------------------------
    Q. When the device acts as an SSH client, how can I delete a server public key from the local public key file?

A. You can delete the public key of the specified server from the public key file of the SSL client by using the delete ssh client server-public-key command.

When the device logs in to the SSH server as a client for the first time, a message of Do you want to save the server public key? will be displayed. You can enter Y to save the server public key to the local public key file of the device. If the SSH server re-generates a public key, the server's public key and that saved on the client will be inconsistent. Therefore, the SSH client cannot log in to the server any more. You are prompted a message of The server's host key does not match the local cached key…To resolve this issue, you can use the delete ssh client server-public-key command to delete the server public key saved on the client.
    --------------------------

Ivan Bondar