Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

HPE FlexFabric 5930 to 5945 migration

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  HPE FlexFabric 5930 to 5945 migration

Posted Nov 17, 2022 12:05 PM
    I am currently working on trying to determine the possibility of migrating a system from a 5930 to a 5945. I know there are some slight differences in the configuration syntax (how to configure an ACL for example). I am wondering if there is a tool or published set of changes between the firmware. I am also wondering if it is possible to upgrade the firmware of the 5930 prior to the migration so that the configs will work automatically on the 5945.

• 2.  RE: HPE FlexFabric 5930 to 5945 migration

Posted Nov 23, 2022 03:58 AM
    Hi michael16,

as for my understanding the firmware on both switches is the same. Both run ComwareOS 7.10 (to my knowledge).
    They are on different sub- oder feature-releases, but that doesn't mean they work differently.
    You're right, this can mean that some commands are having a little different syntax.

I don't know about any conversion table for those changes.
    Imho: I'd just try every command in your Backup once on the new Switch and "correct" (adjust) the Conf-Backup with a Tool like Notepad++ (and replace feature).

Is may be a little bit more work than just restoring it,and reacting only to errors.

This gives you actually the possibility to find obsolete config lines with no more company/customer use.
    It happens all the time, that someone leaves you a little big surprise (trust me, i know)
    Also you will practice the new commands.

Have a great Day

------------------------------
    prefers to not experiment with live customer equipment...

• 3.  RE: HPE FlexFabric 5930 to 5945 migration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2022 04:19 AM
    Hi michael16,

There is no any migration tool officially released for migration between both platforms.  In fact, FHegnauer is completely right - the Comware image for both is pretty similar (though not identical). The majority of commands should have identical syntax. It is possible that 5945 has some additional commands related to the system working mode, memory distribution etc., but if a feature exists on both platforms, the commands should be identical.

Ivan Bondar